[GLLUG] Why I left Ubuntu

Ben Chavez ebcha1974 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 20:45:10 EDT 2013

Hi Bert.
So as you see for the replies there are plenty of options, perhaps you
can tell us what you look in your operating system.
If you are still using Ubuntu 10.04 that makes me think you prefer
stable over bleeding edge software. That is why I suggested you
CrunchBang I think with those Debian base distros you can switch to the
testing repos or you can add the Linux Mint Debian edition repos to your
sources list so you get updates that way.
Or you can go with the other suggetion to install Linux Mint Mate
edition if you do that though go with the Linux Mint 13 instead of the
current version 15. The 13 version is long term supported so it will go
until 2017. Here is their link http://www.linuxmint.com/

If you go with Fedora you will have all the latest and gratest software
but fedora has a really short life span and you will be running an
unsoported version very quick. Keep in mind to install a light weight
user interface so it will run significantly faster than if you go with
their default Gnome Shell.
Here is the Fedora link http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options

so it is really up to you. Good luck.