[GLLUG] Booting Problem Resolution

pdwald pdwald at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 08:23:24 EST 2013

Cool, glad you got it going. I am still running Slackware 13.37, it is
heavily modified though. Anyhow  the install script for lilo should be
about the same. Lilo does not understand the anatomy of a file system,
so basically it maps sectors/clusters location  of the raw disk space
to a map file in order to find it way around. Being file system
agnostic as Lilo has its advantages though: small foot print,
simplicity and no need to keep up with all filesystems around. If you
move to grub, better move to grub2 since grub legacy is pretty defunct
by now (and it is no backwards compatible).

-lazarus