[GLLUG] The Navy’s newest warship is powered by Linux

Omalley_s omalley_s at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:22:44 EDT 2013

I thought the navy switched to linux after NT left them stranded dead in the water a number of years ago.

The american healthcare website is open source supposedly but not the deep layers where they are having issues. Businessweek just wrote an article supporting open source for that and rally all government software. It caught me offguard. Maybe it is the same guy that I heard on npr the other day too talking about the same thing.
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-16/open-source-everything-the-moral-of-the-healthcare-dot-gov-debacle

Tom McArthur <ThomasMcA at live.com> wrote:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/10/the-navys-newest-warship-is-powered-by-linux/

The ship has some impressive technology installed!

Tom