[GLLUG] PXE Debian install problem

J Neveau neveauj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 23:00:08 EST 2014

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I was thinking of IP-tables too.  I know it needs some sort of forwarding
of the traffic from the TFTP server to the main NIC that goes to the
router.  Technical reading for another time, I suppose.

My plan was to use this very out-dated machine to simply play internet
radio streams via the console given that it uses very little energy.  I
like having background music in my house when I'm home
but I can absolutely no longer listen to any commercial radio stations; the
advertising and yackity-yack is mind-numbing...that's an entirely different
conversation!

I put the Debian network install disk ISO on to my USB flash drive and did
a base install.  Building the rest from that point without the xorg and all
of that stuff.

Cheers...