[GLLUG] Job position - linux in video/film

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Mon Jan 27 17:01:04 EST 2014

Hey all,
I don't post much on the list, but considering what I'm looking for I couldn't think of a better place to start looking.  I've been lurking pretty heavily for 15 years now since I was still a student at MSU :)

I own a distributor for software/hardware for the past 3 years and we are slowly expanding and are in need of an internal support person.  All of our software/hardware is generally based on either linux (primarily RHEL/CentOS) or the Mac OS X.  The position would primarily be handling Tier 1 support for video/media customers on media asset management systems and video archival/DR solutions, but ultimately could grow into something much larger (service department, field engineering, etc).

It is a pretty small industry and generally pretty fun to work with media in general.  Starting pay would be commensurate with experience.  We are looking for someone that is interested in getting into something new.  My #1 need is a rudimentary experience with Linux or MacOSX X at a CLI level, everything else can be learned/taught over time.

We are based in Walled Lake, so it is a potentially commutable gig from Lansing, but being closer would probably make life easier.

The two products that we will be supporting on day one are below if you have interest in doing some digging.

http://www.cantemo.com
http://www.archiware.com

This is a fairly honest softball throw at garnering interest.  Before posting the job on any public board/paper/site, I wanted to present it to the place where I got started building boxen on Cyrix chips so I could have a 10Mb router in my dorm room.

If anyone has any questions regarding the job specifics, please contact me off list.  For any questions/discussion on the products, feel free to just reply all.  Discussion is the fun part of these groups after all.

-Mike