[GLLUG] Compiling Linux & Distros

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Wed Jan 29 10:51:23 EST 2014

If you mean something like "Debian Wheezy" then I download the iso and
install that.

I then use the apt package manager to install desired programs.

I would never attempt to compile a "complete" distro myself.  What would
be the purpose?

I can see compiling the kernel but that is about it.

On 01/29/2014 10:53 AM, Mike wrote:
> No reply.  I take it you people compile packages yourself, or download
> compiled forms.
>

> On 1/28/2014 3:14 PM, Mike wrote:
>> Anybody compiled a linux distro before? How difficult?  What languages
>> are used?  Any web links to the tools/documentation?

Patrick Goupell

Are you free?  Find out at http://www.sedm.org/
Income taxes?  Find out at http://www.whatistaxed.com