[GLLUG] Fwd: Re: Compiling Linux & Distros

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Jan 29 13:29:06 EST 2014

On 01/29/2014 01:18 PM, STeve Andre' wrote:
> I can't speak for the other BSD's, but for OpenBSD that is simply not
> the case.  The builds are easy and straighforward.  Same for the non-
> graphical installs.
>
> I'd be glad to talk on this at a future meeting, if there is interest.
>
> --STeve Andre'
That would be a very good thing.  Although you won't have anything new
to show for what I do at work.  Our build system was set up by people
closely involved with the OpenBSD build system.  It's why we went that
way.  And it's not especially onerous to use, unless you're trying to do
an incremental build, but it's a gigantic pain to alter the build system.

Clay