[GLLUG] Tonight's Discussion

Daniel Griswold daniel at griswoldcomputing.com
Tue Oct 21 17:59:01 EDT 2014

Has anyone volunteered for a presentation on the 28th? Is a projector
available at LMN?

I would be willing to give a presentation/demo of CFEngine, a puppet
competitor. The Enterprise product is closed source, but free for 25 or
less nodes. The community version doesn't have a node limit, but lacks
centralized reporting and support for non-GNU Linux operating systems.

--Daniel

On 2014-10-08 23:42, Chick Tower wrote:

> There were seven of us at the meeting tonight, even a couple of brand-new people. Here are some of the things we discussed.
>
> We would like to know if you would prefer meetings on Tuesday nights or on Wednesday nights. For now, we're tentatively scheduled for meeting at Lansing Makers Network at 7:00 p.m. on the second and the fourth Tuesday of each month. That means means our next meeting will be on the 28th of this month. In November, we're planning to meet on the 11th and 25th. However, depending on feedback from the rest of you, that might change.
>
> Here are some topics people suggested for future presentations.
>
> Using OpenWRT for all of your networking needs
>
> Puppet or other automation software
>
> Present Your Favorite Distro Night
>
> Basics of solid modeling
>
> Benefits of rooting phones and tablets
>
> How to write Android apps, specifically using LLAMA
>
> Linux logical volume manager
>
> Virtual machines
>
> Tour of big Linux installations (Liquid Web, any others?)
>
> Another suggestion was to conduct another install-fest for new users.
>
> Please let us know what nights and locations you prefer, and any other suggestions you have for presentation topics.
>
> If you want to find out more about LMN, check out their website at
>
> http://www.lansingmakersnetwork.org/ [1]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.lansingmakersnetwork.org/