[GLLUG] Tonight's Discussion

Daniel Griswold daniel at griswoldcomputing.com
Mon Oct 27 21:45:21 EDT 2014

On 2014-10-21 21:17, Chick Tower wrote:

> On 10/21/2014 05:59 PM, Daniel Griswold wrote:
>
>> Has anyone volunteered for a presentation on the 28th? Is a projector available at LMN? I would be willing to give a presentation/demo of CFEngine, a puppet competitor. The Enterprise product is closed source, but free for 25 or less nodes. The community version doesn't have a node limit, but lacks centralized reporting and support for non-GNU Linux operating systems. --Daniel
>
> So far, no volunteers for the 28th. The only volunteer is one for the OpenWRT presentation, for an unspecified date and pending some kind of clearance. I think we were expecting to do more planning on the 28th, but I see no reason not to have your presentation. Does anyone have any different views?
>
> I don't know if there is a projector. Michael?

I have a projector, albiet old and only 1024x768, that I can bring if
the group is interested in a presentation. I have a short 10 slide
presentation and a live demo using the community edition on Ubuntu
Server prepared. I timed it out at 20 minutes for both, but it can go
longer if there is good Q&A. We can still have planning discussions.

On a side note, I am happy to see days other than Thursday. I have
standing commitments on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings during
the school year.

--Daniel