[GLLUG] Debian Dependencies

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 23:11:59 EDT 2014

On 8/30/14, Robert J. Clay <rjclay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
>> vim.tiny does have one useful feature for me.  The pager that this
>> installation comes with is more.  I forgot how much more sucks compared
>> to less.  You can't page up, only go forward ,,,,
>
>  The 'b' command seems to work just fine for that...

Yes, it does.  Thanks for that, Robett.  Howevere, as the man page
states, "b" only works on files, not pipes, so I still can't page
backwards in man pages.  I cannot beleive any distro would include
more but leave out less, unless it was an issue of size.  At 280 MB or
so, that can't be the reason for the Debian network install ISO.

Anyway, in regards to my original question about updating an off-line
PC with Debian installed, I found some other useful utilities for just
theispurpose in addition to the suggested apt-offline.  There are also
apt-zip, apt-medium, aptoncd, and apt-walkabout.  There's also a
chapter in the APT docs (apt-doc package) on using APT off-line, or so
one webpage I found states.
--
                    Chick