[GLLUG] April Meetings

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:57:00 EDT 2015

On 04/04/2015 04:23 PM, Richard Houser wrote:
> Then again, RedHat has a history of very poor RPM repo management
> tools.  Yum looks pretty dang awesome compared to the up2date thing they
> were using not that many years ago.

Huh.  I've never played with Red Hat, but I started out with Mandrake
years ago.  I would have thought Red Hat would have good RPM tools since
it's their package specification.  It wouldn't be terribly hard for
someone to make something good, since PC Linux OS has married Synaptic
to their RPM package repository.  Or are you making a distinction
between software installation and repository management?
--

                                Chick