[GLLUG] Ghostery Extension & gllug.org

Tom McArthur ThomasMcA at computer.org
Tue Aug 18 16:35:47 EDT 2015

Ghostery is a great tool. I use it with AdBlock Plus and NoScript to get
a fairly safe web browsing experience.

Unfortunately, Ghostery breaks some website functionality, which makes
it almost useless for non-technical users. For example, it removes all
of the Facebook "Like" buttons and all comment/discussion dialogs that
are at the bottom of many web pages. My wife would be lost without those
features, and would have no idea how to get them back (regardless of how
many times I showed her how to do it!)

Tom