[GLLUG] Firefox Cookie Control

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:32:40 EDT 2015

On 05/31/2015 05:10 PM, Charles Ulrich wrote:
> There are quite possibly a number of things going on here, but I don't
> think any website has the ability to tell a browser to override the
> user's cookie preferences.

You may recall that three months ago I complained about websites
altering my cookie exceptions list and storing their cookies on my PC.
It was only happening on my PC in Lansing, not St. Louis, which is what
led me to the probably answer.  I had the EFF's Privacy Badger installed
in Lansing, but not in St. Louis.  You can read more about it at
eff.org, but in short it's supposed to stop third-party websites from
storing cookies.  It appears that it does so by allowing the websites
you actually intended to visit to store cookies.  That's why it was
saying "Allow first-party only" in the exceptions list.

I removed Privacy Badger and the problem seems to have gone away.
--

                                Chick