[GLLUG] I had an idea, now, How to Find a good developer?

Bosman, Don dbosman at msu.edu
Tue Feb 3 09:02:01 EST 2015

NO!, NO, No, no.    http://www.snopes.com/legal/postmark.asp
This is proof of nothing other than rumor and old - bad advice
propagating through history.
This is NOT a poor mans copyright. Not in the United States anyway.
In point of fact, in the US you can't copyright ideas. Only the
implementation of an idea such as a work of art or publication.
     Properly documented and researched you can patent an idea. Still
there has to be someway to implement the idea in the filing. Read the
patent for M.A.S.E.R and then the one for L.A.S.E.R. for an example.
A patent is still only a license to sue.

Get the web page up and running to establish the brand while working on
the implementation and be prepared for others to steal the idea. Or to
have other like minded people come up with their variation on the idea.
If the idea is good, people will take it and run with it.

Don Bosman