[GLLUG] A little more on GHOST

Robert Youngs, Jr. ryoungs at liquidweb.com
Thu Jan 29 09:37:51 EST 2015

After a few days of dealing with GHOST, here's a link on the fix (which,
essentially, entails updating glibc):
http://www.cloudlinux.com/blog/clnews/glibc-ghost-remote-vulnerability-cve20150235.php

The vulnerability is that an attacker could gain the ability to execute
code after sending an e-mail.  It looks to affect, mainly, Exim
servers.  Not as bad as Heartbleed or POODLE, but it still merits
attention from the open-source world.

Robert

/Note: This message is only for informational purposes and I do not
speak for anyone (my employer included) but myself.  Use the information
in this message at your own risk.  This message is not to be considered
//representative of the official views of Liquidweb, Inc./