[GLLUG] Cheap Chromebooks

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed May 6 11:05:41 EDT 2015

As much fun as it is to rib Chick about his antique hardware, I must
confess a certain affection for oddball equipment myself.

Wal-Mart is currently reselling refurbished Samsung Chromebooks for $126.
It's a small arm processor that is very Linux compatible if you aren't
satisfied with ChromeOS capabilities.

I picked one up, partially because I work with arm processors as part of my
day job, and I have come to appreciate the very low power demands. Even in
an unvented case they produce almost no heat. Their processing power is
still pretty respectable.