[GLLUG] Bootable USB Stick

Marr wm33 at att.net
Sun Nov 8 11:49:45 EST 2015

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 22:47:20 -0500
Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still haven't created a bootable flash drive, but not for want of
> trying.

Chick,

Forgive me if I missed something along the way, but have you ever
successfully booted that specific laptop with that specific (8GB) USB
stick?  If not, I'd humbly suggest that you temporarily abandon the
effort to boot a distro installation ISO and start with something
easier to test, like the (58 KB) MemTest86+ "Pre-Compiled Bootable
ISO":

   http://www.memtest.org/download/5.01/memtest86+-5.01.iso.gz

Testing that ISO's bootability with your specific hardware should be a
lot faster and easier than a full distro's ISO.

HTH... As always, good luck!

Regards,
Bill