[GLLUG] tcpdump

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:19:27 EDT 2016

On 08/13/2016 05:56 PM, Martin Konrad wrote:
> Hi Chick,
> You can use tcpdump to save traffic into a file and analyze that data
> with Wireshark later [1].

Yeah, I saw in the man page that tcpdump can save its data to a file.  I
ran it without using that option so I could see how much data it spit
out and what it looked like.  I got nothing at all, and when I hit
<Ctrl>-c to stop it, it said 0 of everything was captured.

I forgot to mention that I'm trying to watch the modem from the PC that
is using it.  Is that my problem?
--

                                Chick