[GLLUG] Managing space in disk.

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:08:09 EDT 2016

On 03/24/2016 11:11 AM, Ben Chavez wrote:
> I really don't know in detail how that command works but I understand it
> would remove old headers and images from past kernels upgrades so after the
> command was done running I had 11 GB available.

I don't know if they will do all of what that command does, Ben, but
apt-get autoclean and apt-get autoremove will get rid of package files
that are no longer installed.

For Arch, pacman -Sc will remove old package files.  -scc will remove
all package files (not the programs, just the contents of
/var/cache/pacman/pkg).
--

                                Chick