[GLLUG] Fantasticon

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Wed Apr 26 20:08:22 EDT 2017

These are both new for me this year:

Traditional Tech/Science...

Science of SCUBA will address much of the stuff a diver deals with existing in an underwater environment, covering things like gas mixes, buoyancy changes, ascent rate/decompression, human physiology, some bits about common dive gear, rebreathers, and a quick demo of the OSS subsurface application. It's suitable for bubble watchers (non-divers) through expert recreational divers, but the science covered is well beyond what a diver gets exposed to in a 2-4 week Open Water certification class (will be covering bits of several specialties).

It's certainly not specific to *nix, but seemed like something this crowd in particular might be interested on.

Closer to Fandom Stuff...

I'm also hosting a Rocksmith 2014 event Saturday night (imagine a Rock Band party, but real instruments playing real music through amps). In addition to the guitars/bass guitars actually using the program, we will have a mic or two for vocalists to sing along like kereoke (maybe also a couple ukuleles for a song or two that uses the Am F C G chords from the uke 101 class). All skill levels welcome, as Rocksmith is both a game and an instructional tool.

See you there!
-Rick