[GLLUG] Web Browsers

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:57:54 EST 2017

On 03/04/2017 12:46 PM, Thomas Hruska wrote:
> You might also want to install an image blocking extension that will
> block images by default but let you click a button to download the
> images on a page.  A quick Google search for Chrome extensions turns up
> the "Block images" extension and a few others.

Actually, Vivaldi can do that itself.  I rarely use that feature,
although I tried it out just yesterday.  When I want to avoid image
downloads, I usually use links, which can't display images.

Thanks to all of you who provided suggestions to me.  I wasn't ranting
about dial-up speeds, but providing my experience as to what browsers
are the fastest.  Dial-up just happens to magnify the differences in
speed of display so that they're noticeable without running fancy tests.
--

                                Chick