Sparc 2 Systems

Bibbs, Christopher Christopher_Bibbs@compuware.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:04:23 -0400

As a suggestion, the reason to get these boxes is not for their
price/performance level.  You'd be better off getting a P-166 if that was
the goal.  Nor is it going to simplify your life.  They are cool little
boxes that are part of our history (well, my history at least).  I've been
thinking about picking one up for quite some time.  Why?  Ummm... well, I
just want one.  What can I do with it?  I suppose I'd move some of the low
priority services to it (NIS, Big Brother, etc) and then wait for my friends
to come over so I could point to it and say, "Cool, huh?"  Kinda the same
way I do with my hard cover edition of the PGP source code.

How much was that Sparc 2 again?

Christopher Bibbs