[mcclinti@student.lansing.cc.mi.us] Re: Sparc 2 Systems

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:38:41 -0400

These people have a decent history of Sun Hardware online. Its their
reference guide.
http://www.sunhelp.org/

I wouldnt expect a LOT out of it. But for 55 bucks it's almost worth it. =)

I believe the use SCA scsi (the cheap 80-pin drives)

Torgo Jr wrote:

> Edward Glowacki wrote:
> >
> > Sparc chips are generally faster per MHZ than Intel chips, and having SCSI
> > instead of IDE is another good advantage.
>
> How generic is the SCSI?  Will "any" scsi device/drive work, or
> does it have to be Sun hardware?

I believe the Sun's take SCA scsi or the powered 80 pin stuff. (I didnt
read the