tape question

Mark Szidik - Michigan Library Consortium szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:16:49 -0400 (EDT)

I have a DAT tape from a library that claims there is data on it.  (data
put on it using proprietary library system running on HPUX).  I cant
seem to read it.   I have tried using dd and tar and even attempted
cpio, none of them can do anything with the tape.  This the second time
they tried to send me the tape, same result.  I think the tape is blank,
but I thought I would ask the group if they have any other methods to
try reading this tape.

Thanks,

-Mark

dd output
dd: /dev/nst0: Input/output error
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

tar output
tar: Read error on /dev/st0: Input/output errortar: At beginning of
tape, quitting nowtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now