XFree86 4.0, Enlightenment 16.4, and Xinerama...

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 06:58:06 -0400

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 06:17:39PM -0400, Sean wrote:
> > Macs have been able to do it since the early 1990s at least.  I'm
> > pretty sure we used to do that on an old Mac Classic that had an
> > extra full-page display monitor, but ICBW.
> >
> Your probably right. I really started with macs about 5-6 years ago. I
> know it was part of system 7.1, but I dont know much about about them
> previous to that.

	Not that this really belongs on a Linux listserv,
	but I think that this capability began with the
	SEs and System 6 w/ MultiFinder (which was kind
	 of a weak attempt at multitasking).  The only
	reason I think it started with the SE line is
	that I don't think the Plus and Classic machines
	had expansion slots for a second video card.
	However, I'm happy to report that it's been so
	long since I've touched any of this hardware
	that I have forgotten a lot of what I used to
	know, so I may be wrong about this.

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us