XFree86 4.0, Enlightenment 16.4, and Xinerama...

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:13:55 -0400 (EDT)

Holy cow it works!!!!!!!!!! mwhhahahahahaha!!!!!  They *were* actually
working as separate x screens, :0.0 and :0.1, which explains the 2 copies
of enlightenment. Turns out I forgot an

Option "Xinerama"

in my XF86Config file, which I didn't think I needed because the logs said
the module was loaded and I had tried starting X with "startx +xinerama".
Mutter, looks much better now...

Only problem now is screen resolution and video card memory.  My primary
monitor is running at insane resolution at 24bpp, so the pixels are a LOT
smaller than those of the secondary monitor which is only attached to a
4mb card (giving 1152x864x24bpp, can't quite get it up to 1280x1024 which
is the monitor's max).  Moving windows from primary to secondary monitor
increases their real-life size by about 60%. =)

Hmm... now to try and find another 4mb card and a monitor around here
somewhere... ;)

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services