dial in PPP server

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:32:35 -0400 (EDT)

I think this is covered in the PPP How-To.
Im not intending to sound vague, but Im really not up on it and it would
be a good place to start if you havent already. I have seen some software
packages on freshmeat.net that help deal with some of the issues.

IRC you also need to compile in some kernel support for it.

Basically all your doing is establishing a serial connection between your
machine and the other machine like minicom or kermit would do. I only say
this because that would be the easiest way to test it, rather than tying
up two phone lines. once you get the connection (login). than you just
type ppp at the prompt in your terminal session. The modems in effect
cancel each other out.

Thats the basics of ppp which I think you probably already understood.

I think you also need to use pppd which listens for and assigns the ppp
connections.

I apologize for the scarce and possibly somewhat inaccurate information.
But it should give you a starting place.

Sean