Meeting established (was: Meeting topic suggested...)

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 10:06:05 -0400

Mark also said he could do a brief demo of BeOS along
with the vi intro.

Since we have a topic (or two), it looks like we can go
ahead and hold the next GLLUG meeting on August 9 at
MLC.  Again, people having problems with setting up
Linux on their machines may bring them (although please
try and notify the list first, just so we know how many
machines to expect).

The meeting will start at 6:00pm, but as always with a
weekday meeting, we will hold off on the presentation
stuff until around 6:30pm.

(Hopefully Greg will remember to show up this time... :)

Alan Garrison wrote:

> Mark volunteered to do a short "Intro to Vi" thing (saying
> he could do 20-30 minutes worth).  Perhaps we could have
> another short presentation along with this, or have another
> "Q&A" session (or something else???).
>
> It seems that MLC is available August 9 and August 16.  If
> the above is not a problem with anyone, we should probably
> stick with August 9 at MLC.
>
> Feedback???

I like the 9th - it's the first meeting I'll be able to attend this
summer.  The intro to vi also sounds good; maybe even the history of
*NIX.  Look forward to seeing you all again.

-Ben