Hello all

Travis A travisa_19@yahoo.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all my name is Travis and I am new to the group.
I have just got started in my linux journey.  My
question is this......  After installing Red Hat
version 6.1 on my notebook (a toshiba Satellite
1625CDT) I have noticed several things...

1.. The screen seems to be in 640 x 480 mode and I
cannot change it.
2.. I have no sound.
3.. I have no modem

I would like to attend a meeting to get some info from
people who know about the system...   I have some very
basic questions like which distribution is the best,
which is better KDE or GNOME, and general usage
questions....

I am very interested in becoming active in this group.
Thanks for your help and I plan on attending the next
meeting...

Also I would like to know does anyone bring there
systems for example or is it just discussion.