Fwd: Value Packed Linux 7.1 for Windows....FOR ONLY $19.95!

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:09:25 -0400

Sean <picasso@madflower.com> 08/08/00 10:42AM

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:

>> So merely using LfW makes you a developer?

> Yes of course. even in a round about way if you use linux they can add
> their numbers and say LOOK we have XXXX+1 people using linux. Please add
> Linux support.

User != developer.  Granted, the statement in the email
was poorly worded.  It was implying that anyone who uses
Linux was part of the development force, which isn't
really true (else there would be millions of Windows
developers...)

> Actually its not really a bad idea. I know several people that are "linux
> curious" but dont want want to dedicate a machine to it or do any
> finagling with drives/partition etc. And yes you could do this before, but
> this makes it pretty easy..

Reminds me of my OS/2 days and IBM's "OS/2 For Windows" or
some such thing.  You could keep your Windows setup and
run it under OS/2 with their WinOS2 layer.

>> This makes Linux sound like an application for windows.
>> Perhaps "Windows For Linux", or "Windows Under Linux",
>> or "Linux-Makes-Windows-Its-Little-B1tch".

> I just wonder if it runs under wine =)

I think you can run old Win95 under DosEMU (although
they warn against it).  Perhaps it is just straight
Wine, or maybe they have some vmware-like setup.