Fwd: Value Packed Linux 7.1 for Windows....FOR ONLY $19.95!

Benjamin Minshall bminsh@mudbucket.goeke.net
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 15:57:50 -0400 (EDT)

You wrote:

> From: Sean <picasso@madflower.com>
> To: Alan Garrison <aeg@lbwl.com>
> cc: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
> Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: Fwd: Value Packed Linux 7.1 for Windows....FOR ONLY $19.95!
>

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:
>
> > Mike Szumlinski <szumlins@pilot.msu.edu> 08/08/00 10:45AM
> >
> > > And you'll become a member
> > > of the Linux family -- a worldwide coalition of users and engineers
> > > dedicated to the ongoing enhancement of this impressive operating
> > > system.
> >
> > So merely using LfW makes you a developer?
>
> Yes of course. even in a round about way if you use linux they can add
> their numbers and say LOOK we have XXXX+1 people using linux. Please add
> Linux support.
>
> Actually its not really a bad idea. I know several people that are "linux
> curious" but dont want want to dedicate a machine to it or do any
> finagling with drives/partition etc. And yes you could do this before, but
> this makes it pretty easy..
>
> Actually LinuxPPC had something very similar which was basically a
> condensed limited version of LinuxPPC on a CD-Rom So you could play with
> it and try it.. it was distributed along with both MacWorld and MacAddict
> magazines. I think they called it linuxppc lite or something.

The slackware distros also have a "Live install" that runs mostly from the
CD-ROM and installs the variable stuff on a UMS-DOS install.  Unfortunately,
slackware probably isn't the best distro for newbies to "play" with. :-)

Plug:  Go Slackware!