Next GLLUG meeting: *Probably* Sunday, Aug 27

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 02:38:28 GMT

>From: Torgo Jr <agarris@voyager.net>
>To: GLLUG <linux-user@egr.msu.edu>
>Subject: Next GLLUG meeting:  *Probably* Sunday, Aug 27
>Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:30:19 -0400
>
>Tim Schmidt:  If you think you will be available that
>night, do you think you could do the microprocessor
>presentation you mentioned a few days ago?  If Tim is
>not available, we will need a topic.
>
>Location will *probably* be Atmosphere Annealing, Inc
>(not MLC).  6:00pm, usual time.  The particular weekend
>isn't set in stone yet, so this day may move around.
>If this is a bad night for anyone, please respond
>(particularly Tim).

Sure, I'll be there.  And the microprocessor presentation will be great.
I'm going to cover a few of the best chipsets for the processors I'll be
talking about (since this is a semi-buying guide, and the chipset is just as
important in that decision as the CPU).  I will not be covering anything
Apple related except for teh G4 which I will use as a reference point for
the comparison of other CPU's.

Ther presentation is coming together as we speak, so if anyone wants me to
cover anything more, please post it to the list and I'll add it in.  Also, I
won't be preparing the handouts in LaTeX (sorry Ben), so if anyone would
like to volenteer to convert my docs to be posted onto the GLLUG page (if
you'll take them ;) then please maile me.

I guess that's it.

--Tim