General

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:31:20 GMT

>From: Mark Szidik - MLC <szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us>
>To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
>Subject: Re: SCSI support (fwd)
>Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
>
>How about we have a presentation on compiling and installing kernels?
>

>-Mark

Excelent Idea.  I would appreciate that very much.  I would also like some
info on passing settings to the kernel at boot time (using LILO) because
most of the distro's I have installed don't seem to run stable (during the
install process) when I have my Tekram DC-390U2W installed (LSI/Symbios/NCR
chipset).  I think the default kernel the installer uses doesn't like the
controller.

I haven't stayed up-to-date on the meeting schedule, so I was wondering if
you want me to present at the next meeting or the one after that (sorry, I
think this is the 3 or 4th time I've asked this).  I'm ready to go, so any
time is good.

--Tim