First draft of nomination rules

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:45:59 -0400

This is only a draft, so it is not official yet.  Please
respond if you have any comments or questions about it.

****** Draft 1 *******

Nomination rules for GLLUG elections

* Only gllug members[1] may participate.
* We have three elected positions (we can change this though)

President
1.  Official contact for the group to the outside world
2.  Final decision maker for things like meeting nights, meeting topics, etc.
3.  Chiefly involved with establishing things like
4.  (other?)

Secretary
1.  Organizing meetings, taking role, notes, minutes
2.  (other?)

SysAdmin
1.  In charge of www.gllug.org (which is now GLLUG property)
2.  (other?  The GLLUG mailing list is not handled directly by the group)

* Nominations will take place via public GLLUG list email[2].  Please
nominate one person for each position.  Each position must be
seconded by another indivudual.  You may nominate but not second
yourself.  Anyone nominated who would like to run for the position
must publically accept before voting takes place.  After X days, actual
voting will take place.

* Voting will take place via private email, or by other special means
only if a member would like to vote but cannot use email for whatever
reason.  Someone will have to act as the vote collector for this (I
can do it assuming I'm still in town).  After X many days, the voting
will cease and the results will be announced via email and at the next
GLLUG meeting.  New positions will take effect at the next meeting.

[note:  Since I (Alan) am moving out of state fairly soon, I of course
cannot accept any nominations for any positions]

[1] What constitiutes a GLLUG member:
1a:  Anyone who has attended 3 meetings in the past 4 months
 *or*
2a:  Anyone who has attended at least 1 meeting in the past 4 months, and
2b:  Anyone who shows willingness to participate via the mailing list
     or other means, or has contributed time and/or resources to the
     group in the form of participation at events (e.g., installfests)
     or have contributed resources (hardware, books, etc).

[2] Or presumably at a GLLUG meeting, but should be later echoed on the
    mailing list.