question

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
16 Aug 2000 00:14:48 -0400

Torgo Jr <agarris@voyager.net> writes:

> > I'd be in favor of #1 or at most #2.  We have nearly 2 GB free on
> > /var right now[1] so storage space for email wouldn't be a
> > problem.
>
> The entire free space is more than 2G I imagine.  There
> is a 8G (or 10G?) drive in there, and I did just a basic
> partitioning.  I'm sure most of it is free.

Right, about 6.5 GB free total according to df.

> > [2] I'd be willing to take this back over, being a little less
> > pressed for time these days.  Anyone want to nominate me?[4]
> >
> > [3] Anyone mind if I upgrade it to Debian 2.2?
>
> Are you the sysadmin?  :)  Please check with Mark, since
> he's our MLC contact and he has direct access to the box.
> Plus Mark is the official sysadmin anyways (or was it Dpk?).

Now I sound arrogant, don't I?  I just wanted to make sure that
someone would take care of it eventually.  In all likelihood,
it's just a matter of typing
	apt-get update
	apt-get dist-upgrade
and answering a couple of questions.  Heck, it was almost that
simple on a moderately busy server I upgraded earlier today.

> > [4] I'm not going to nominate myself.
>
> We haven't formalized our rules yet, so no nominating yet,
> please (at least for official titles).

Can I nominate myself for "The Guy who Talks Too Much at Meetings
and Tends to Whine about Things on the List?" :-)