question

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

> Oh, I agree.  It's just that NetSol won't let you do that.  Or at
> least they have an anecdotal history of doing their damnedest to
> screw anyone who tries.  $35/year is in one sense a lot more than
> $15/year, but it's still not a lot of money.
> --

I agree that many people have trouble transferring a domain but that should be
just another reason to transfer it if NS tries to create problems. It is in the
hands of the owner to use any registrar they like and I am sure by now
transferring is simple as 1-2-3. NS has no business in a domain transfer. The
future domain registrar does all the work and I am sure they put their muscle
into it to get your business (away from NS).

On the other hand I won't again create an outline of what 20 dollar a year saved
over 60 years makes at an interest of 15% a year. I consider 50% cost
elimination a lot of saving(s). Of course there is always the cost of the time
you put into this and maybe I am undervalueing your time. Point taken.

Well I will transfer one domain next Spring from NS to probably dotster.com. I
will let the list know how it went and if I had any trouble. I am definitely
curious to find out how it goes and see if NS is really such a bad company.

   -- Marcel Kunath