OT: Sun & Gnome = ?

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:
> I have yet to see one salesperson there with half a clue.
> The "No Commission" thing is nice, though.

I worked for Best Buy for a summer selling computers.  I think I had slightly less than half a clue.  What I'm really aching to do is head over there and ask the car stereo people about the Pioneer unit I bought last November.  On the front it talks about MOSFET, and I'm curious if any of those guys know 1. What MOSFET stands for and 2. How that relates to car stereos. =)  (I know the answer to #1 from my EE classes, not sure about the answer to #2, but it would still be fun to see what they come up with... ;) )

> > But they will sell me M$ internet access, seriously
> > M$ is their big push right now.
>
> I occasionally get Best Buy coupons in the mail good
> for a weekend.  Not bad, given that I do buy a bit of
> stuff there.  However, one of the coupons says something
> like "Save $400 instantly if you sign up for 3 years
> with MSN" which of course is a crock since 3 years
> will run you >$700 at $19.95 a month.

3 years is a LONG time for a service agreement, especially at
$19.95/mo.  What exactly does that service get you?  56k dialin
and an email account?  I feel kinda sad for people 3 years from
now who are still paying $20/mo for the oppertunity to tie up their
phone line for pathetically slow internet access...

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services