OT: Sun & Gnome = ?

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

On 18 Aug 2000, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> For everyone else, it's Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect
> Transistor.

Hmm, mebbe I should have put that part in my message, eh?  =)

> According to Hambley[1], FETs ``are often used as the input stage
> of radio receivers to achieve low third-order distortion.''
> Beyond that I don't know of anything, but I'm not a EE geek, just
> an EE student[2].

Sure, sounds reasonable, I wouldn't be surprised that a stereo has
some MOSFETS in it, it's kinda hard to have modern electronics
without some transistors. But what's so special about MOSFETs that
they decided to spend the time and stamp "MOSFET" on the front
panel?

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services