Linux and I are One

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:38:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Marcel Kunath wrote:

> I just sat here typing an email. I rewrote a sentence starting approximately in
> the middle of the original sentence, finished it and pressed Enter to carry over
>
> the leftover junk of the previous written sentence to the next line and then
> saw my fingers automatically target CTRL+d to delete that wasted material and
> then I noticed:
>
>     "Damn, I am using Outlook."
>
> So I had to move my hand over to the mouse highlight the text I didn't want and
> press Delete.
>
> I guess this is proof my unconsciousness prefers Linux and text based editing.
> Is this reason to be proud of oneself? =)

For many things, the mouse is actually a hinderance.  It takes
something like a full second to move your hand from they keyboard
to the mouse, then another full second to move it back.  However
you might try using the standard windows keyboard shortcuts to do
to that to move a word at a time.  Then you can hit delete to kill
or "<ctrl>-x" to cut.  I find that I can actually get quite a bit
done in Windoze without using the mouse. =)  Unfortunately I miss
"<ctrl>-u" and "<ctrl>-k" from the unix world because I don't think
there's a substitute command for windoze. =P

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services