Mozilla M17 revisited...

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:55:08 -0400 (EDT)

I think I mentioned earlier how much I liked Mozilla M17.  I'm
quickly changing my mind.  I noticed mozilla slowing down my box
all day today, couldn't figure out why because it was only using
20% of my CPU.  System load was >2.5 though.  *ponder*  Kept killing
the lizard and restarting it, fixed the problem for a while, but
then it came back.  Turns out, Mozilla actually forced me to swap,
bringing my system to a crawl as it forced 111M of my virtual memory
into service...  Eeeps!  "top" reported it using a whopping 308M!!!!
With only 2 browser windows open!  Methinks it might be some kinda
memory leak.  Hey, at least it hasn't been crashing... ;)

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
                -- Jules de Gaultier