my linux box again

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
24 Aug 2000 17:34:35 -0400

"Mr Coffee" <vegis@hotmail.com> writes:

> Well, copy a boot floppy image from the CD-ROM onto a real floppy
> and try to boot from that.  Can the Linux kernel see the CD-ROM?
> If so, then you just have a buggy BIOS; hardly an uncommon
> occurrence.  Otherwise, there's still a hardware problem.
>
> i am booting from a boot floppy. this is where im seeing all these errors.

Firstly, could you please do something to distinguish quoted text
from new text, and cite the person you're replying to?  I don't
see you indenting or >-prefixing quoted text, and it's very
confusing.

Next: I'm confused about these errors you report.  They're coming
from the Linux kernel, or from the installation program, or from
the BIOS, or what?  What is the exact text of one of them?