my linux box again

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:10:38 -0400

If I burn a dud CD for anyone, please let me know
and I will (try to) burn another one.  AFAIK, the
ISO images I have for RH6.9 are bit-for-bit official
(the MD5 sigs match).  The file sizes weren't the
full 650 Meg (just around 600), so I don't think
the burner burns the sections which do not have
data.  I think this is why the CD may look like it
was burned incomplete when it actually wasn't.

>>> basher584 <basher584@usol.com> 08/24/00 06:11PM >>>
I got a couple of bad CD's from Alan -RH 6.9 Beta.. (at least I think they are
bad.. ) I had pretty much the same problem.  If you look at the CD it doesn't
seemed to be burned all the way..  Plus if you switch to a different console
(Alt - [F1-F5] ) I was getting a kernel message about looking for sector 530349
with limit of 439000 or something weird like that...

Basher584