Linux newbie having ppp trouble

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:57:11 -0500 (EST)

wild guesses I never honestly have gotten a modem working correctly with
linux and I would definately suggest the ppp how-to document. which if you
installed everything might actually be on your machine in /usr/doc/
or look at the /usr/doc/ppp-xxx files

I have a feeling more than one thing isnt configured correctly.

Usually I test out the modem with a terminal client called minicom, that
makes sure you have your modem hooked up to the right port and you can
actually dial, I think you can actually issue the ppp command from the
prompt if you can login. And if you have to edit the script you will see
what you have to edit.

Also make sure you have your modem device set-up as a DHCP client, and
that should be in the network control panel which is a tad confusing
because you have like 4 things to actually configure.

That is about all I know, but I hope it can get you pointed in the right
direction.