Linux newbie having ppp trouble

Steven Collins admin@grumpybat.net
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:16:53 -0500

Sorry to make my first post a chunk or prattle from a novice but I'm
guessing that you folks are fairly friendly... I hope.

I can't seem to get my dial up working correctly in Red Hat 7.0. I've tried
looking online for help but I'm running out of things to try. I was
wondering if any of you had encountered these error messages before (the
first of which I can't even find online)-

When trying to connect with "RH ppp Dialer" I get-
"Failed to activate interface."
and the modem never even dials.

When trying with the Kppp dialer I get this after the modem dials-
"The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!"
and the log states-
"Peer not authorized to use remote address 199.69.200.70"

Any suggestions?

-steven