whiny monitor

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
21 Dec 2000 13:50:51 -0500

A while ago, my monitor started making a high-pitched whine when
in 1600x1200 mode only.  This is a ViewSonic 17PS, and I am
running it at an under-spec 65 Hz refresh rate (specced for 70
Hz).  It then stopped making the noise a few minutes later.

This is the first time I've had a monitor do this.  Anyone else
seen this before?  Does it have implications for monitor life?

Thanks,

Ben.

--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.