ATT Cable modems, OT: Looking for a job

basher584 basher584@usol.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:49:50 -0400

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> basher584 <basher584@usol.com> writes:
>
> > [...] Ben
>
> Hey, *I'm* the Ben around here, dammit.
> But seriously, care to introduce yourself?

Ok.. just remember, you asked for it.. :)

My Name is Benjamin Noggle and I have lived in MI my whole life.
My first program was on a TI99/4a when I was eight - It was a simple
text game I copied out of some magazine some-place and added some fancy
coloring..

My first linux distribution was RH 5.0..  So I think I have been using
linux for about two years now.  I instantly  fell in love with linux
(and UNIX in general) and after 6 months I determined I had everything
that I needed in Linux and ditched MS win..

I Recently graduated from Eastern Michigan University w/ a decent GPA
and have been working part time at a Tier II automotive company.  I
moved here to live with my long time girlfriend..

While I was at the company I successfully setup a Linux box as a small
public DNS and e-mail gateway.  (Amongst writing end-user applications,
system applications, maintaining the manufacturing database, and doing
system administration)

Two of my favorite programs I have written in linux using C/C++ (for
school)..  First was my simple parser for my 'finite automata' class
(Which I had to port to the win environment which was simple..) and
second was my user shell for my 'Systems Programming' class (which was
all linux..)

I am a programmer by nature..  I like all programming languages.. (I
haven't used them all.. but will..  :)   C and C++ is definitely fun..

I use a GUI most of the time, and my WM of choice is Enlightenment ( I
tried sawfish/mill with Gnome 1.2 but it corrupted my display.. and
Enlightenment has never done that to me (a stable release anyhow..))..
Plus Enlightenment seems very UI efficient.. a lot of intuitive keyboard
short-cuts.. (along with some other non intuitive.. but...).

My text editor of choice has been JED, but I have been using VI more and
more...

I haven't made any presentations at WLUG because of work-load and
school, but hope to at GLLUG sometime after things get settled down.
Actually, I was lucky if I got to attend the WLUG meetings because
school almost always conflicted with it..  But I was active on the
mailing list.

Other:  I like to bike, play pinball and go to movies..

There.. that was a little bit of me, linux, and misc stuff.  Anything
else?  I can't think of anything..
Oh almost forgot.  my web site is www.basher584.org..  but I don't have
anything functional yet..

I am planning on attending the next GLLUG meeting so hopefully I will
put some faces to the names..

Cheers,
Basher584