Some X stuff and then some.

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
> First question:
> Does anyone have a PS/2 Intellimouse and RedHat 6.2? Anyone able to get
> the wheely working under E and Gnome?

No, but I have a PS/2 Intellimouse working with Gnome and E under Xfree86
4.0 and FreeBSD.  And the wheel even works. ;)

#gks=1 (Answering a Linux question with a FreeBSD answer!) ;)

>From my 4.0 XF86Config file:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        #Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

/dev/psm0 is the raw mouse port, though it should be possible to relay
through GPM.[1]  You may also want to install "imwheel", which you can
configure to do scrolling different ways for different apps (i.e. some
xterms have different key combination for scrolling than others).

[1] I think... hey, at least it works using "moused" in FreeBSD! ;)  DOH!
That's another gks! =P

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services