Some X stuff and then some.

Daniel R . Kilbourne daniel.kilbourne@voyager.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:19:09 -0400

I believe my intelli-wheel (?) works fine under Gnome/E. If you're having problems, make sure you set up the mouse as MS Intellimouse PS/2 and do not select emulate 3 buttons

the best thing for semi-transparent windows I found (esp. if you are running E) is Eterm - http://www.eterm.org/
It should support pretty much anything you want with the visual aspects of a terminal window

I have heard/read that rxvt can also do transparent, but have never done it.

wterm (http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/01/20/916857976.html) also supports transparency

as for the windoze thing - sorry, no clue