Sean, something for your LUG. (fwd)

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
14 Jul 2000 09:37:22 -0400

Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net> writes:

> Sounds like it might be an ok deal but I dont know tape drives.  I dont
> mean to knock it really but 20g ide drives are less than $99 and quite
> plentiful.. you could grab a couple for size or redundancy unless you
> needed a tape drive for dozens or hundreds of tapes like in a "Real Backup
> Plan" with incremental stuff and all.

The nice thing about tapes is that crackers can't erase them when
they break into your system, because they're sitting in a box
across the office, with the write-protect tab set, rather than
being in the actual computer all the time.
--
"Long noun chains don't automatically imply security."
--Bruce Schneier