bootp

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:02:22 -0400

Marcel Kunath wrote:

> Ok, I gave up quickly on rarp and arp. Trying to get to the printer via bootp.
>
> Well its a HP with jetdirect. The manual says by default the thing has IP
> 192.0.0.192 and it should be telnet capable under that IP 2 min after
> turning on. Of course ping or telnetting it doesn't work.

Will this printer work without the jetdirect software?  Which model is
it?  We have several 4050's and 4500's and at least one 8000 series
printer here in the district.  Telnet-ing to them is no problem here but
I wasn't aware they would work without the jetdirect software.  I have
to admit that was an assumption I (may incorrectly) have made but we
have found them uncooperative outside the windows/jetdirect environment.

--
Mike Rambo
Lansing School District